Council Tax

I'm unable to link my council tax account

Have you recently informed us that you have moved home or your circumstances have changed? Before you can link your account your details need to match our Council Tax records. If your details are up to date and you are still unable to link your account, contact us using the myaccount help form and we will assist.

If you have recently moved or your household details have changed then please contact

I can't see a recent payment on my account?

If you've paid online it can take up to 5 working days. After 5 working days, please email and tell us your name, address, and payment reference number.

If you've paid by direct debit, standing order, payment card, or over the phone, please email

I'm moving home. How do I let you know so my council tax information can be updated?

Please complete our online form to let us know you are moving to a new address. This form can be found here: "tell us your address has changed"

Our Council Tax team will then review your information and aim to contact you within 10 working days.

How do I contact the Council Tax department?

You can contact the Council Tax department directly by calling on 0300 300 0300. Alternatively you can email

I've overpaid council tax for last year or I've paid to my old address?

The Council Tax department can transfer the payment to your new address or you can request a refund.

Please contact the Council Tax department directly by calling 0300 300 0300. Alternatively you can email, however email may take 10 working days to receive a response.

Can I get a copy of my council tax bill?

You can view your bill via the Account tab on the MyAccount portal. To receive a paper copy of your council tax bill, please contact the Council Tax department directly by calling on 0300 300 0300. Alternatively can email on

I'm a landlord and I have a tenant moving in/out.

You will need to fill in a "Tell us about a change in tenancy (private landlord)" form. You can also find this among other forms on our services page.

I'm a business owner and I'm trying to link my rates account.

You can only link to a personal account on the MyAccount portal. You have to be registered as a liable party before you can link an account.

You can however make payments online on the MyAccount portal with our "Pay it online - Business" form. You can also find this among other forms on our services page.

Logging In

I don't know my username.

Your username is normally your email address. Your login account is controlled via MyGovScot which can be accessed here .

My email address has changed.

Profile information including your emails address is controlled by the MyGovScot account you created to access Renfrewshire Council's MyAccount services.

You can click here to go direct to MyGovScot, otherwise you can sign into MyAccount:

  1. Select the Home page.
  2. Scroll down to Managing Your Profile.
  3. Select Update profile.
  4. You will be linked to the MyGovScot website where you can login and update your email address.
I've forgotten my password.

Profile information including your password is controlled by the MyGovScot account you created to access Renfrewshire Council's MyAccount services.

You can click here to go direct to MyGovScot (MyAccount) site, click on sign-in and follow the link at the bottom of the page for "Forgot Password?".

How do I update the address in my MyAccount profile?

Your profile on the MyAccount page, including your address, is controlled by MyGovScot.

You can click here to go direct to the MyGovScot (MyAccount) site where you can sign-in and update your address details.

Please also inform our Council Tax department if you have changed address. You can do this by filling out the "Tell us your address has changed" form.

Bins and Environment

What are my bin collection dates?

We have a resource on our public website here that will help you find your collection dates for different bin types based off your postcode.

What should I do if my bin hasn't been emptied?

If your missed bin is within 2 days you can fill out our "Tell us that we've missed your bin" form. If it has been longer than 2 days then unfortunatly you will need to wait for the next collection date for that bin type/colour.

The next bin type/colour on your collection date calendar should be collected as normal.

Other Questions

I've reported something but haven't heard back from you yet.

Teams within Renfrewshire Council have various response times depending on the issue reported. If you feel you've not had a promt response for your issue. Please contact our customer service unit and where possible providing your case ID.

Why is my address not listed?

Is your property a new build? If this is the case then your address might not yet have been added to the register or database to appear on services like MyAccount.

One of the first actions you can take to check this is via the Royal Mail Postcode Finder: Report an incorrect or missing address service, which you can find here

Can I save my payment details?

Sorry, at this time for security reasons we are unable to save and store payment details within your MyAccount profile for future use.

We continue to update and refine our online services and where possible, from customer feedback, add new and requested features.

MyAccount is not working?

Sometimes updates and maintenance can cause an issue where MyAccount might not load or perform as expected. In these occurances we would advise you to try again at a later time, as well as trying a different browser or clearing the cache of your current browser.

If you are still having issues accessing MyAccount, you can email us at with as much detail about your issue as possible and we will try and get you back online.

  • Any error messages your are witnessing as well as screenshots.
  • Information about the type of device you are using e.g Desktop, Laptop, iPad, mobile phone.
  • The browser you are trying to connect with e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge etc.
I need to take a picture for an application. Do you have any guidance on what is suitable?

Providing an unsuitable picture can often cause lengthy delays to an application. To avoid this, please follow the below guidance to make sure the image passes our standard checks.

In your photo, you must:

  • be facing forwards and looking straight at the camera.
  • have a plain expression and have your mouth closed.
  • have your eyes open and visible.
  • not have hair in front of your eyes.
  • not have a head covering (unless it?s for religious or medical reasons).
  • not have anything covering your face.
  • not have any shadows on your face or behind you.
  • not be near other people or objects.

Please ensure the photo is also clear and in focus. Blurred or distorted images will not be accepted.

If you need more help, you can:

I used to report repairs through Looking Local/Ren App but can no longer do this. How do I report a repair through MyAccount?

Our MyAccount form lets you report a repair in the same way as you would have done through Looking Local and Ren App. You will be able to let us know what needs repaired and include any photos you have. A member of our team will then be in touch to discuss the repair and arrange a date and time for an appointment (if required).

The form can be found here and is easy to use on a desktop or mobile: :

Report a Housing Repair

If your repair is an emergency, please call 0300 300 0300.